Monday, March 10, 2008

I will NEVER

Not get a flu shot again in my life... EVER.

I have never been this sick before. And the really weird part is that it's not even an always all consuming sick/weak feeling. It's kind of like it's traveling around a bit. Mainly right now the pain in my left throat and EAR is almost unbearable. As I said to the nurseline tonight "Yes, I can swallow, but I don't want to." It's horrible. I can't go back to work like this :-( I feel so WEIRD not being at work for this long. I'm so thankful that I rolled 40 hours of PTO into 2008, but I'm so sad that they're disappearing for this stupid crap.

So like I said, the ear and throat hurt massively, and then all of a sudden I'm like "ploooop" wet noodle, sleep is a must and not moving for over an hour.

Last night when BF left I slept. And slept. He left around12, and I slept until 4pm. I woke up a few times for the bathroom, and called in to work as well, but went right back to bed all of those times.

When I really woke up, I tried to ascertain if I was feeling better and came up with a resounding no. I called the nurseline, explained all symptoms & diagnoses since Saturday, etc. and they said I should see my doctor within the next 18 hours.

You got it. Tomorrow morning, I go back.

Called my mom after I choked down a bowl of soup, and I just bawled. She said "Crying doesn't help, though I know I hit a point where I cried when I had it too."

Through sobs "Called the nurseline... said to stop drinking OJ since it burns my throat cuz it's so raw... almost out of soup. *SOBS HARDER* I HATE SOUP!"

My mom laughed and said "I know you do honey. Maybe your honey can pick you up some soup base so you can just drink broth and not have to chew anything."

I got off the phone and asked if boyfriend would do that after the show tonight. Yes sir - he took my list and 'money' and is on the hunt for what I wanted. He's amazing.

Slept for another 1.5 hours before he got here and will try to stay up until he makes it back from the shopping excursion.

I wish the "work guilt" could go away right now. I shouldn't feel guilty for being sick as a dog, there's nothing I can do about it. And hell, I'd much rather be working than feeling like this right now. Grrr. When I call in tomorrow I have to find out if I need a doctor's note. Bleh.

Back to the couch for bad TV.

PS: Not enjoying watching Lost via ABC.com as I did via DVD. But I'm almost caught up with the long time viewers & will be able to watch it each week with my man. YAY.

2 comments:

beadbrat said...

I hope you feel better soon! Zsleep seems to be the ticket with this thing!

Molly said...

The good news is that real influenza gives you immunity for every mutating strain of the virus for the next 6-10 years, while the flu shot is only good for that one year, and sometimes, like this year, not even good against that year's strain.