Monday, March 17, 2008

It's Been a While...

But I've been busy! What with Steak & a BJ day this weekend and all that. lol

  • I do like steak. ;-)
  • Fire alarm at 10:45 pm... not my kind of a good time. However, I am thankful for two things. 1) It wasn't real. 2) At least I wasn't already in my bed with my "PJs".
  • Had a phone "consultation" or "preview" or something like that for a job tonight at 6 from their HR person. She's looking into people's schedules to work out a time for me to interview before work one day this or next week. Sounds interesting... and definitely more money. Still accounting, but with four smaller companies and reporting directly to the CEO of these for companies. Wow.
  • My uncle didn't win the $275 million. He was hoping to (as were a billion other people) and then he said he'd pay me $250K/year to do his accounting. lol Ahh, pipe dreams are great!
  • Looking forward to the prospect of a new job with $5K more/year so that I can move some where safer & almost more important to me, pay all of my bills!
  • I have around $800 in my checking right now... with another paycheck coming on Friday. That feels pretty nice. First time for everything.
  • I also have $500 in my savings with another $250 hitting this Friday. That feels even better.
  • I also just got my final FSA reimbursement for my prescription Rockstar sunglasses. I think I'm putting that directly into my savings. *sigh* that will feel REALLY nice.
  • I might use it to buy a new suit & dress pants that actually fit since interviewing is now certain and not just possible.
Fire alarm just went off again. WTF is happening?!?! This better not continue all freaking night! UGH! I wanted to finish this post up and go to bed. That's not going to be easy if that thing goes off every 5-10 minutes for 20 seconds. Yikes.

Went to Improv last night. WOO HOO! It was great! Five acts instead of the normal four... and all were stellar. I also got to meet the friend/soon-to-be roommate of the boyfriend. Such a relief to finally meet & greet. Just makes me feel better & perhaps I'm now at GOOD with the whole thing. It's a nice feeling. I was already pretty okay with it, but now I'm GOOD with it. And that's just better.

Today the BF dedicated a song to me on Facebook. "God Only Knows" - Beach Boys. Awwww. That was quite sweet. We had a great weekend together. Lots of time actualy spent together with doesn't ALWAYS happen on the weekend. He feels good by my side. I like that.

~ * ~

1 comment:

beadbrat said...

So are you getting back into the swing of things?
Thanks for your thoughtful comment, I appreciate it. It is hard for me to answer the question, since I have been in this role for so long, that I am not sure how I feel about it!
I am glad that you are having d=such a ball with life right now, I knew you could find this and am so glad you did! You so deserve it!